Better technology means a better customer experience.
P&S employs a client-server information system that supports all terminal locations in a concurrent set-up, enabling us to maintain the system 24 hours a day. We have complete customer-tracking integration, which allows each customer to see where their shipment is, and view load delivery status, all online.
- P&S was among the first users of McLeod software. Our experience with this tool allows us to use its full power to keep costs low and pass savings on to our customers.
- Load planning and lane optimization mean that our trucks are used efficiently.
- Accounting and internal reporting features reduce the need for paper documents and clerical personnel.
Peoplenet and Qualcomm:
- These systems provide direct communication between drivers and operations personnel via small on-board computers that upload data to P&S’s client-server.
- Tracking units monitor truck location, allowing operations personnel to match customer orders with equipment availability in real-time.